Power of Edge Computing
Reliant Platform was built as an edge computing solution for the retail and hospitality industries. The core idea of edge computing is reducing latency and the time it takes to process data “in the cloud” by doing a component of application delivery on local devices in order to bring compute, storage, and associated services closer to the end-user. The benefits for this are obvious: better performance through reduced latency and improved reliability through elimination of a hard requirement for continuous WAN availability.
Advantages of employing an edge computing solution
- Virtualization of Legacy In-Store Systems
- Local Content Caching & Distribution
- Support for Latency Sensitive Applications-Voice, Payment, Transactional Data
- Cloud Database Replication for Oﬀ-Line Operation Central Aggregation Point for Machine Data
- Local Management for Internet of Things Devices Local Security Applications
- Software Deﬁned Network Controller
- Software Deﬁned Security Controller
To learn more, read our white paper.